- Overlooking Cayuga Lake, Cayuga Landscape is located a few miles north of Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, which is a lively college town, often listed among the top ten best small cities in which to live.
- Cayuga Landscape has been in business for 40 years and operates a 25-acre farm nursery, a 4-acre garden center, and a design-build landscape operation, with total employment of about 50. Garden Center employment is about 8 to 10.
- We seek an industrious, knowledgeable Gardener-Horticulturalist for a 9 to 10 month position.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- A degree in Horticulture or similar field, or other professional training
- 5 years of experience in garden + landscape industry
- Detailed knowledge and ID skills of hardy woody plants, perennials, and annuals of the Northeast
- Familiarity with small garden layout and installation
- Good knowledge of horticultural practices including planting, pruning, weeding, fertilization, mulching, pest and disease ID + treatment, etc.
- Positive personality with facility for providing cheerful, patient customer service
- Eagerness to accomplish tasks both independently + as part of a team
- Excellent physical fitness with ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to work a few Saturdays during busy seasons is a plus
Pay + Benefits:
- Pay will be on an hourly basis, at $16-18/hour, depending on experience
- Overtime pay in busy seasons
- Health insurance: Employer pays 70% for the individual
- Retirement plan: Approximately 4% of salary, after first year
- Vacation: 1 week after first calendar year
- Holidays: 5 in first year
- Continuing education opportunities
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org