- Overlooking Cayuga Lake, Cayuga Landscape is located a few miles north of Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, which is a lively college town, often listed among the top ten best small cities in which to live.
- Cayuga Landscape has been in business for 40 years and operates a 25-acre farm nursery, a 4-acre garden center, and a design-build landscape operation, with total employment of about 50. Garden Center employment is about 8 to 10.
- We seek an attentive, experienced Grounds Manager for a 9-month position.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Professional training in horticulture helpful
- Yard management or grounds maintenance experience, including coordinating incoming + outgoing deliveries, maintaining + ordering stock, and ensuring a safe, attractive environment for customers and staff alike
- Experience operating a skid steer with attachments + dump truck
- Knowledge and ID skills of hardy woody plants of the Northeast
- Positive personality with facility for providing cheerful, patient customer service
- Eagerness to accomplish tasks both independently + as part of a team
- Excellent physical fitness with ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to work Saturdays during busy season
Pay + Benefits:
- Pay will be on an hourly basis, at $15-16/hour, depending on experience
- Overtime pay in busy seasons
- Health insurance, after 3 months: Employer pays 70% for the individual
- Retirement plan: Approximately 4% of salary, after first year
- Vacation: 1 week after first calendar year
- Holidays: 5 in first year
- Continuing education opportunities
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org