- Overlooking Cayuga Lake, Cayuga Landscape is located a few miles north of Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, which is a lively college town, often listed among the top ten best small cities in which to live.
- Cayuga Landscape has been in business for 40 years and operates a 25-acre farm nursery, a 4-acre garden center, and a design-build landscape operation, with total employment of about 50. Garden Center employment is about 8 to 10.
- We seek Skilled Landscapers and Crew Leaders for a 9-month position.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Professional training in horticulture helpful
- Land/Hardscape installation + maintenance experience
- Good knowledge of horticultural practices including planting, pruning, weeding, fertilization, mulching, pest and disease ID + treatment, etc.
- Experience operating a skid steer with attachments
- Ability to drive 1 ton dump truck a must – skill driving standard +/or hauling a trailer is a plus
- Knowledge and ID skills of hardy woody plants + perennials of the Northeast
- Attention to detail + a positive personality with facility for motivating staff + providing cheerful, patient customer service
- Eagerness to accomplish tasks both independently + as part of a team
- Excellent physical fitness with ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Appreciation for working outdoors
- Clean driving record
Pay + Benefits:
- Pay will be on an hourly basis, rate to be decided; will vary depending on experience and skill
- Overtime pay in busy seasons
- Health insurance, after 3 months: Employer pays 70% for the individual
- Retirement plan: Approximately 4% of salary, after first year
- Vacation: 1 week after first calendar year
- Holidays: 5 in first year
- Continuing education opportunities
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org